FES IS A LEADER IN E911 AND LOCATION BASED SERVICES
FES has been involved in E911 technologies and program management since 2005. We have worked with all major U.S. carriers, technology vendors, OEMs, and industry compliance organizations including CTIA, ATIS, APCO, and NENA. No single services vendor has as much exposure and experience in launching, testing, evaluating, and optimizing location-based systems as FES.
FES is currently executing the Indoor 911 Location Technologies Test Bed with participation of all major U.S. network operators, device OS manufacturers, and location technology providers. We are at the tip of next generation of E911 technologies that will provide far greater accuracy in locating 911 callers, including indoors.
DATAbase validation and Maintenance
- Verify call routing and carrier implementation in various databases and network elements is correct to ensure proper call routing and caller locating
- Field and back-office staffing interacting with both carriers, technology vendors and emergency call takers
PUBLIC SAFETY ANSWERING POINT (PSAP) TESTING
- End-to-end E911 call testing to ensure proper provisioning and call routing prior to sites going live
- Professional project management and coordination
- FES has performed this for new sites, new technologies and greenfield networks on a nationwide scale
Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Testing
- Carrier adds and new site build end to end E911 call testing to the PSAP to ensure proper provisioning and call routing prior to sites going live
- FES has performed this for NSB, BAU and VoLTE deployments nationwide
E911 FCC ACCURACY COMPLIANCE TESTING (ACT)
- Testing in support of FCC mandates for outdoor and indoor location accuracy
- Test Plan and Test Methodology creation and management
- Test Reporting and Recommendations
- Carrier level program leadership
- Testing delivered on a nationwide scale of over 50,000 sites per year
- FES has direct experience testing and optimizing timing-based networks and improving performance in support of FCC mandates
- RF Environmental and Technology Provider Evaluations
- Site surveys, field testing, back office and full program management
Location Based Services and Emerging Technologies
- FES remains very active in this expanding field including working with and evaluating emerging technologies and the OEMS who provide them.
- Creating and implementation testing methodologies in support of new technologies or regulatory needs.
- Ongoing participation with industry committees and tech OEMs to provide crucial input to new technologies and methodologies
- Organizational level program management and consulting support to industry stakeholders in this rapidly evolving area
FIRSTNET AND ESINET
- ESInet next generation IP-based emergency services networks will drastically improve the readiness and service ability of emergency and location services to PSAPs
- Federal and local governments are launching a variety of upgrade and network replacement initiatives
- FES has the advantage of understanding not only emergency services but having worked for all carriers in areas of network design and optimization
- FES ESInet services offerings include network design, deployment, testing, optimization and best practices PM support
- Provide tools to vendors and operators ensuring sustained performance and aided troubleshooting
- Conceptualize and develop custom hardware solutions to address testing needs not met in the current marketplace
- Develop software solutions to optimize processes, support emerging technologies and provide reporting data in support of an overall Compliance Program
FES understands not only current and upcoming governmental regulations, but also individual operator needs, their unique network architectures and available technologies. No other provider can effectively bridge these complex domains while satisfying all stakeholders.